* The unexpected impact of US headquarter picking the lower-end (cheaper) supplier
* The high expectation of lower-end (cheaper) supplier
* Asking the suppliers to explain how the prices for the quotes were derived
* Finding out how the lower-end supplier under priced the quote
* Finding out how the high-end supplier over priced the quote
* Asking the two suppliers to provide engineering samples
My friend Simon has worked as a Hong Kong-based purchaser for over 30 years before his retirement. Simon has agreed to record a series of Chinese audio shows/podcasts title ** Tales of a Chinese Purchaser ** to share his years of experiences and insights in purchasing and working with Chinese factories.
(Note: This program has been recorded in the Cantonese dialect.)